Sharp sand, flock, a wash of burnt umber then drybrushing as appropriate gets the groundwork to where it needs to be. The tiled roof sections are washed with various mixes of burnt umber and ultramarine blue to give some tonal variation. Look at a tiled roof - different bits weather to totally different colours. Drybrushing with assorted light grey, terracotta and ochre shades brings everything out into relief.
I added the doors at this point. These come from Warbases. Very nice, inexpensive, and much quicker than making your own. I can barely believe I just wrote that! Although the doorways were carefully cut to fit the doors during construction, a little bit of fettling is inevitable post-painting. I gave the doors a couple of coats of Pledge floor wax to seal them. I'll wash, drybrush and pick out details later.
Must get rid of that nasty green stain!
Well here it is with the rest of the roof sections in place. To be honest, you could probably use it like this, once it has a coat or two of varnish for protection and to dull everything down nicely. Here's a view of apse, for those who can't wait to ogle it again...
What a gorgeous apse!
And for those who have had enough of the apse-derived innuendo, here it is from the other side.
Doesn't look too bad from here either.
Now, to just finish the interior and it really will be done!
Merry meet again!